You read the title correctly. LGA is taking on Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota (LSS)/Children’s Home Society & Family Services (CHSFS)…in person. On June 13th (12:00-1:00 pm CST), Kevin Vollmers will travel to the offices of LSS/CHSFS and interview four members of the adoption agency’s leadership. Kevin, in his usual style, will ask some/all of the following questions suggested by members of LGA Nation:
- Do you feel as though you are helping a problem or creating one?
- Is there any actual independent vetting of the information given by pre-adoptive parents in their home study interviews?
- Why are international adoptees getting deported?
- What is the motivation behind birth/first parent meetings with adoptive parents at the time of placement in Ethiopia, and what follow up counseling and information is made available to the birth/first family?
- Do you have real, concrete support for adoptees around issues of racism and othering? Are there support groups led by people of color and mentors?
- What support/training is required for the adoptive parents post placement?
Sounds fun, yes? Tune in then friends!