Update: The submission deadline has been changed to September 18th, 2011 to give people a little more time.
Have you ever seen “Wednesday’s Child,” which airs in Atlanta, Los Angeles, DC Metro, New York, and Philly? I’m not quite sure why, but when I lived in DC I was always a bit weirded out by the weekly “showcase” of children in the foster care system waiting for adoption. Perhaps I was bothered because the format resembles something done by the Humane Society?
Moving on. To end Labor Day week here at Land of Gazillion Adoptees, I give you a three-part, very original concept – Wednesday’s Role Models. For Part 3, we’re asking for submissions from Minnesota adoptees. You see, we’re closing in on $2,000 for the “Let’s Give Away $10,000” fundraising effort. Rather than wait until we hit $10,000, LGA is splitting the funding into five gifts of $2,000. Why not spread the wealth, right?
So, here’s the DL on how to get the $2,000:
- You must be able to verify that you’re at least 18 years of age.
- You must be able to verify that you’re an adoptee living in Minnesota.
- You must submit (in 250 words or less) a reason(s) for why your adoption related project, organization, etc., should receive the $2,000. Submissions for the first round of the $2,000 giveaway are due by Sunday, September 11th, 2011.
- Your adoption related project, organization, etc., must not be directly linked with an adoption agency or directly benefit an adoption agency. Agencies have their own fundraising efforts.
- You must be able to demonstrate within three months how the $2,000 benefited your adoption related project, organization, etc.
All submissions will have their own page after September 11th. The winner will be chosen by LGA readers, who will simply vote by responding in the comment sections. Additionally, rather than receiving the money from LGA, the winner will receive it from the donors. (Further details forthcoming.)
Questions? Please feel free to contact me at: kostvollmers(at)gmail.com.
Let the party begin, and we here at LGA wish you a fantastic Labor Day Weekend.